David J. Rubis, DDS
David J. Rubis, DDS, graduated high school from the small Midwest Illinois town of Mt. Olive. His childhood dream was to one day become a dentist. With that dream in mind, he then graduated from Eastern Illinois University, located in Charleston, with a Bachelor of Science. In 1978, he graduated from Northwestern University Dental School, fulfilling his childhood dream.
In conjunction with his dental schooling, Dr. David Rubis served in the Illinois Air National Guard for six years. While serving as a consultant on the MetLife Dental Insurance Advisory Board for four continuous years, he has formulated dental office operating guidelines along with many other duties for their network of 36,000+ dentists. He has also received awards for volunteering for the Donated Dental Services (DDS) Program, a humanitarian service assisting disabled, elderly, and medically-compromised individuals. Dr. Rubis was honored for his ability to deliver dental treatment as a featured dentist for a wedding makeover on the television show Extreme Makeover.
Dr. David Rubis has numerous education and advanced training in orthodontics, TMJD, and sleep appliances for snoring and sleep apnea. He’s a diplomat of the international association for Orthodontists and is a certified senior instructor. In an effort to provide his patients with the latest technology in the dental field and the best possible care, Dr. Rubis continues to attend education classes and dental seminars.
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry
- Fellow of the American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- Diplomate of the International Association of Orthodontics
- Senior Instructor of the International Association of Orthodontics
- Certified Provider of Express Smiles
- Certified Instructor of Express Smiles
- Member of the American Society of Dental Sleep Medicine
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the Will County Dental Society
- Member of the Illinois State Dental Society
- Member of the International Association for Orthodontics
- Former Board Member of the MetLife Dental Advisory Board
- Former Advisory Board Member of the Catholic Charities
Dr. Rubis is the proud father of a daughter, Dr. Lisa Rubis, who is a chiropractor at her own practice, ANEW Medical & Rehabilitation. She works in conjunction with the dental office patients who have temporomandibular disorders. His son, Joseph Rubis, DDS, has an interest in continuing his education in orthodontics, implants, veneers and cosmetic dentistry.
Dr. Rubis’ hobbies include running, traveling, fishing, and taking his Mustang convertible for a spin in the summer. He has also been practicing Bikram Yoga for many years, and looks forward to the Shamrock Shuffle, as that signals the beginning of the spring season.