At Deerpath Dental Specialists, your go-to dentist in Vernon Hills, we offer the latest x-ray technology to provide you with the best in preventative and diagnostic dental care. These radiographs provide us with critical information to detect hidden dental abnormalities—allowing us to create an orthodontic treatment plan both safely and effectively.
Digital X-Ray TechnologyWith cutting-edge digital radiograph technology, we can take x-rays using an electronic digital x-ray sensor as opposed to using film. This option offers quite a few benefits to you as a patient, including:
- Instant Results – Now you can see your x-ray image immediately, as this digital sensor sends your x-ray directly to a computer for review.
- More Accurate Diagnoses – Digital technology allows us to enlarge your x-ray image. This helps us to detect problems easier and give you a more accurate diagnosis.
- Safer Technology – While modern x-ray technology is already quite safe, this system reduces radiation exposure by 80-90 percent.
Why X-Rays?Our x-ray technicians will recommend x-rays based on your dental history, dental exam, current symptoms, and risk level for disease. If you are a new patient, we may recommend that you receive a full mouth series of dental x-rays, as this will allow us to track your oral health over the years. With our digital x-ray technology, our technicians can collect valuable information about your oral health that may not be as easily visible during a standard dental exam. For example, these images may reveal any of the following oral health issues:
- Problems Within the Tooth or Beneath the Gums
- Bone Loss
- Developmental Abnormalities
- Cancerous and Non-Cancerous Tumors
- Abscesses or Cysts
- Decay Between the Teeth
- Poor Tooth and Root Positions