If you have severely damaged or missing teeth, dental implants may be the perfect solution for you. These devices are created from titanium and fuse directly to your jawbone—making them as strong and sturdy as natural, healthy teeth. By receiving this dental procedure, you can permanently replace your teeth without having to have dentures or partials. Now you can restore your smile with a solution that looks and feels completely natural!
Why Dental Implants?
Patients love dental implants because they look and feel like your real teeth! Here are a few reasons why you and your dentist at Deerpath Dental Specialists may decide this is the best possible solution for you:
- Improve the functionality of your teeth. By remedying a missing or damaged tooth with dental implants, you can restore your chewing mechanisms, speech, and bite alignment.
- Renew your beautiful smile. Dental implants are covered with custom-made crowns that are specifically designed to blend seamlessly with your surrounding teeth. This device looks natural and will greatly improve the aesthetic appearance of your smile.
- Eliminate painful symptoms. Often, having a damaged or missing tooth can cause your bite to become misaligned, creating pain in the teeth and jaw as the surrounding teeth move into the open space.
- Enjoy long-lasting results with minimal maintenance. Dental implants do not require special treatment or care to last a lifetime. These devices boast a 98 percent success rate, and only require that you maintain a health dental hygiene routine to stay firmly in place and remain in good shape.
Getting dental implants will require multiple in-office visits over the course of several months. Should you decide to have this procedure, here are a few steps that you can expect to take during this process:
- First, your dentist will take a number of x-rays and impressions to determine if your jawbone and gum tissue will be able to successfully sustain a dental implant. Some patients may require a bone graft to improve the structure of their jawbone before receiving a dental implant.
- When beginning the procedure, we will first administer an anesthetic. Our first step will be to remove the tooth if necessary. We will then open the gums to insert a titanium screw into the bone. Over the next six months, this will gradually fuse with the jawbone.
- You may require a second procedure in which we insert the post, a device that will hold your artificial tooth in place. That said, many implants integrate both the post and anchor to be placed simultaneously.
- After several weeks, your crown will be created and placed over the titanium device. This will allow your implant to blend seamlessly with the rest of your smile.
- To ensure your dental implant has a long life, you will need to maintain a good oral hygiene routine. This means brushing your teeth at least twice a day and flossing at least every evening. You should also visit your dentist at Deerpath Dental Specialists every six months for a regular dental check-up to remain in good oral health.
Do you want to learn more about the dental implant procedure? Contact our Vernon Hills dental office today to set up your consultation!