Using state-of-the-art materials and the latest techniques, our expert orthodontic specialists can realign your teeth, jawbone, and facial profile to give you the beautiful smile you’ve always wanted. We will create a customized treatment plan based on your individual needs, determining which methods and appliances will give you the best possible results. And straightening your teeth won’t just give you a stunning smile—it will boost your oral health too!
Do You Need Orthodontics?
Every patient’s smile is different, which means each patient has different orthodontic needs. To diagnose and treat your particular case, our orthodontic team uses x-rays, photographs, dental impressions, and your full medical and dental health history to determine the best possible treatment plan for you. We can treat any number of alignment issues, including the following:
- Overcrowding – A lack of adequate space for your teeth along the dental ridge.
- Overbite – When your upper teeth protrude farther than your lower teeth.
- Crossbite – A misaligned bite in which the upper and lower sets of teeth to not directly overlap.
- Underbite – When the lower teeth protrude farther than the upper teeth.
- Open bite – A space between the biting surfaces of the upper and lower teeth.
- Spacing issues – A gap present in the bite, caused by either missing teeth or alignment issues.
- Misplaced midline – A misalignment where the center line of the upper teeth does not directly correlate with the center line of the lower teeth.
If you have one or more of the above orthodontic issues, our team at Deerpath Dental Specialists can help using one of our tried and true methods.
There are a number orthodontic appliances—both fixed and removable— that can improve your smile. All of these devices use gentle pressure on your teeth and jaw to slowly move your teeth into the correct position. Two of our most commonly used methods include the following:
- Invisalign – This system utilizes a series of custom-made, clear aligners. By changing to a new aligner every two weeks, these devices gradually move your teeth over time. This system remedies mild to moderate orthodontic issues in half of the time as most other methods. These aligners are virtually invisible and can be taken out when you eat — making them a favorite for teens and adults alike.
- Braces – This tried and true method is the most commonly used device for remedying alignment issues. Comprised of brackets, wires, and bands, this system slowly moves the teeth by adjusting the wires each month until your teeth have moved into place.
In addition to these two methods, we offer appliances for very specific orthodontic issues including palatal expanders, space maintainers, and more. We also provide you with retainers to help you maintain your beautiful smile for years to come.
Are you ready to straighten your smile and boost your confidence? We can help! Contact our Vernon Hills office today to schedule your consultation.