Oral Surgery & Extractions
Should you require a surgical procedure, our Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons are among the best in the field. We are fully-equipped to perform complex procedures to treat a variety of conditions—from wisdom teeth removal, to corrective surgeries, to the repair of fractures and lacerations of the facial bones. With state-of-the-art technology and surgical facilities, Deerpath Dental Specialists provides the care you can trust to restore your oral health.
Our surgeons receive intensive and ongoing education to ensure you receive the best possible care. Our practitioners are highly trained to diagnose and treat a wide variety of conditions and perform the latest procedures, including:
- Tooth Extractions and Wisdom Teeth Removal
- Dental Implants
- Bone Grafting
- Corrective Jaw (Orthognathic) Surgery
- Facial Injury & Trauma Restorations
- TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint) Procedures
- Oral Cancer Biopsies and Procedures
- Sleep Apnea and Obstructive Airway Treatment
- Cleft Lip and Palate Repair
Tooth Extractions & Wisdom Teeth Removal
The most commonly performed oral surgery is the tooth extraction. This treatment has been proven to be quite effective and efficient in repairing an overcrowded bite, impacted tooth, or severe damage and decay. Wisdom tooth extraction is also quite common, as keeping these teeth has proven to frequently cause oral health complications like overcrowding and impacted teeth. Not to mention, removal of these teeth can save you quite a bit of money in extensive dental care down the road.
If you should require a tooth extraction, here are a few steps you can expect to be taken during this process:
- First, you will receive a thorough oral exam. This includes taking x-rays to confirm that tooth extraction is the best treatment option for your particular case.
- Before the procedure, we will administer an anesthetic to ensure you are comfortable throughout your procedure. The type of anesthetic we use may vary, depending on the location of your tooth that needs to be removed.
- Next, your surgeon will extract the tooth from the socket. If necessary, the tooth may be broken into multiple parts for ease of removal. We will then apply gauze to stop the bleeding.
- After the surgery is complete, the effects of the anesthetic will take some time to wear off. Be sure to have a family member or friend present at the day of your surgery. Our staff will provide you with instructions to help facilitate the recovery process, manage pain, and keep the surgical site clean. If necessary, our practitioners will provide you with a prescription for pain management or antibiotics to ensure you have a comfortable and speedy recovery.
At Deerpath Dental Specialists, we will work closely with you to ensure you are comfortable and well-informed on the day of your procedure. If you have any questions or concerns about your treatment program, our staff is happy to answer any of your questions.
Do you need to schedule an appointment or consultation for an upcoming procedure? Do you have questions regarding your procedure, recovery, or payment options? Contact our Vernon Hills office today!